For someone to become a member of our local church they only need to have a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
The following 5 questions are asked of potential new members by the elders after examining the person’s understanding of what it means to them to have faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior. Joining a church requires a commitment. It also requires agreement. But that does not mean that everyone in a church is in the same place in their walk with the Lord. To join Christ Church, you must be able to honestly and forthrightly answer the following 5 questions of membership (or “membership vows”):
- Do you acknowledge yourself to be a sinner in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save [except] in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the follower of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourself to the government and discipline of the church, and promise to study its purity and peace?
So you can see by the 5 questions that you need to only receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior in order to become part of God’s family, and that there is nothing you can do to earn your salvation, resting only upon Jesus alone for salvation. Nothing we do can cause us to earn our salvation. Salvation is a free gift given to us by God. What we actually deserve is eternal damnation! So it is all about mercy and grace.
As Jesus has said in Matthew chapter 10:
30 “But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.”
If you have not received Jesus as your personal Savior and Lord, please do so now! He is waiting for you to become part of His family, the family of God! It is only a short prayer away – Say this to him now:
“Father God, please come into my heart now and I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ, as my personal Lord and Savior. Please forgive me of my sins, and I thank you that there is nothing I can do to earn the eternal salvation of my soul that you freely give to me, and I acknowledge that it is Jesus Christ, who became God in the flesh, who died in my place, and rose from the dead, conquering my sin and death. Please also fill me with God the Holy Spirit, so that I may live a Godly life worthy of you, for I am incapable of honoring you on my own. I ask these things in the precious name of Jesus.”
If you prayed this prayer, then please let us know so we may assist you in your new life in Christ! As John 1:12-13 says:
“But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.”
If you wish to pursue membership with Christ Church, please fill out the New Member form.